Thank you for your interest in entering the SPSL 2020 Online Competition! Here you will be able to submit your entry, review the competition format and understand what to expect next:
C Grade (Submit 3 of each): Tunes must be submitted with entry.
- March, Strathspey and Reel
To retain some of the spirit of a normal competition the following format will be followed:
- Competitors will video record their performance. Competitors will submit links to each video to the SPSL. Judges will adjudicate by viewing the videos.
- Competitors should provide a separate video for each event entered.
- Competitors should record and upload their competition videos as unlisted videos on YouTube. These videos will only be available to those with the specific link. See here for guidance on uploading unlisted videos to YouTube. It is advised that you familiarise yourself with this prior to the weekend of the Competition.
- On Friday 6 November, competitors will receive an email including full instructions on how to submit their recording links. In this email, competitors will also be notified of random (automated) allocation of tunes.
- The email on Friday 6th November will include a link to a Google Form, which competitors will use to submit the links to their competition recordings. This will be time bound and must be completed by 09:00 GMT 9 November. Note: there will be unique instructions to ensure that performances have been recorded within the competition window.
- Highland dress is optional.
- Entry fee for C Grade events: £10 per event.
- Entry fees are payable by PayPal and are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be accepted without tune submissions.
- Entries close on 23 October.
- The organisers reserve the right to limit entries based on numbers and close entries early. You are advised to enter early.
- Competitors will receive automatic confirmation of entry; please check your junk box if this is not received.
Queries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org